(6 Servings, serving size = 2 muffins (makes 12 muffins.) Keep in refrigerator on hand for breakfast in a hurry. Inspired by NomNomPaleo.com)
• 4 tablespoon coconut oil
• ½ medium onion, finely diced
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 230 grams button mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 230 grams frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
• 8 large eggs
• ¼ cup coconut milk
• 2 tablespoon coconut/almond flour
• 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
• 140 grams of Parma Ham or streaky bacon
• Himalayan Pink Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
• 12 cup muffin tin
Directions: Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet and sauté onion until soft and translucent. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until the mushroom moisture evaporates. Season with salt and pepper and spoon to a plate to cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with coconut milk, coconut/almond flour, salt, and pepper until combined. Then, add the sautéed the mushrooms and spinach and stir to combine.
Brush the remainder of melted coconut oil onto a muffin tin and line each cup with Parma Ham or streaky bacon, covering the bottom and sides.
Spoon the egg mixture into the Parma ham cups and top with halved cherry tomatoes. Bake in oven for 20 minutes- rotating the tray at the halfway point. Let muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes. Enjoy!!