*Serves 6-8. Perfect to make ahead of time and keep in fridge. You’ll have a little extra on hand for a quick and easy side in case you need one!
• ½ cup brown rice
• ¼ cup quinoa, rinsed
• ½ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 2 roasted red peppers, chopped (from a jar, optional, you can also use fresh peppers)
• 8 marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (from a jar, optional, you can use tinned artichokes as a substitute)
• 1 medium handful of parsley, chopped
• 1/4 cup pine nuts, roasted (can also be substituted with almonds or pecan nuts)
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Directions: Combine the brown in a medium size pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 minutes and then add the quinoa and another cup of water. Cook for another 10 minutes or so. You may need to add another ¼ cup water. While the grains are cooking prepare the rest of your ingredients.
Once the grains are cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning. Enjoy!