***Makes 2 servings
• 150 grams chopped bacon
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt, divided
• 1/4 cup small basil leaves
• 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
• 2 trout fillets, divided (340-450 grams total)
• 2 lemon wedges
Directions: Over low heat, heat parma in skillet. Cook just until bacon begins to brown (for about 4 minutes).
Add cherry tomatoes, garlic, 1/2 the pepper, and ½ the salt, and cook for 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften. Remove from the heat, and stir in basil leaves.
In another large non-stick skillet, heat over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining salt and pepper.
Add both fillets to the pan; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish from pan. Top fish with tomato sauté. Serve with lemon wedges.