Ingredients: (3 servings)
• 6 pasteurized chicken thighs, boned but with skin
• 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
• 1 brown onion, halved and thinly sliced
• 1-2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup organic chicken or vegetable broth
• 2 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley
• Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions: Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, place chicken skin side down in a preheated pan with extra virgin olive oil or unrefined coconut oil. *The trick is not to turn the chicken over until the pieces are well browned.
When both sides are browned and cooked through, remove chicken from pan and continue with remaining pieces. Remove chicken from pan. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil. Add onions. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sauté onions until almost golden brown. Add the garlic and cook until onions are golden.
Add the lemon slices and sauté for one minute. Add the stock and stir. Add the chicken back to the pan. Add the parsley and stir. Check for proper seasoning. Enjoy!